Solar Project Benefits
Reasons to "Go Solar"
- Cost savings and predictability: solar energy production is predictable; you pay a fixed price for what had previously been an uncontrollable operating expense.
- Public support: 92% of Americans, across all political parties, overwhelmingly support development and funding of solar energy.
- Benefits of ownership: Tax-exempt Lease Purchase (TELP), Federally subsidized Bond or General Obligation Bond financing options (for public sector clients) allow clients to reap the benefits of ownership, including:
- building equity in a valuable long-term generating asset
- lower capital costs that produce even greater cost savings, and
- accumulating valuable environmental attributes, e.g., renewable energy credits (RECs)
- Benefits of financing: or, by choosing to use a third party finance structure like a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), the client avoids solar facility performance risks and the long term operations and maintenance costs associated with ownership.
Reasons to "Go Solar" - With TerraVerde
- Public sector mission: our business was founded to serve the needs of the public sector; we have a unique understanding of and experience working with public sector and non-profit clients.
- No up-front cost: TerraVerde is compensated through a development fee that is paid on a project-success-basis.